Monaghan Sports Partnership
wishes to tender for the services of a
Community Sports Development Officer
On a contract for services basis (for a period of 6months)
The position of Community Sports Development Officer will involve assisting Monaghan Sports Partnership in the planning coordination and delivery of National Programmes and its local strategic objectives in increasing participation and building capacity in local sports organisations.
This position will require a “hands on” approach to programme and community engagement, and will also involve skills in the areas of administration and reporting.
Candidates looking to apply for this position must have the following skills and qualifications: –
- Hold a recognised qualification at degree level or equivalent in sports development, leisure & recreation and / or
- Experience of working in a sports development /promotion environment is essential (for 3 years or more)
- Be motivated & committed to sports development & increasing opportunities for participation, in particular among hard to reach groups in local communities.
- Provide evidence of experience of working with sports clubs, community groups, and young people in a community setting.
- Provide evidence of experience in planning, co-ordinating & delivering sustainable sporting & recreational programmes.
- Have an understanding of project-based programme delivery with measureable outcomes
- Be a self-starter/dynamic and enthusiastic
Have excellent communication and organisational skills
Have a full clean driving licence & access to own transport.
Remuneration will be paid on a project delivery basis that is commensurate with the individual’s qualifications, skills and experience.
This position will require flexibility around working hours with regards evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should submit a short tender document detailing relevant practical experience and curriculum vitae with covering letter to;
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sports Coordinator, Monaghan Sports Partnership, c/o Ballybay Civic Centre, Main Street, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan
All relevant associated documents are available at below
Applicants should submit a cover letter, tender document based on explanation and evidence of experience in delivery of sports related projects and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
Closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 13th July 2016.
This position requires an immediate starting date of 1st August