Blackwater 10k Run and Walk – Sunday 19th May 2013 !!!
What an event in 2013!
We are still waiting on confirmation of offical numbers but we are fairly confident in saying that it was our biggest crowd yet!!! What a turn out for the 6th Annual Blackwater 10k Run & walk – and what a spectacle of colour – from individuals to groups, doing it for charity, doing it for themselves!
Starting off from Monaghan United Football grounds, athletes of all ages set an early pace at the front of the pack, down the tHreenilehouse Road and into Rossmore Park. The fun runners took off then at high speed, keeping on the heels of the elite runners as the road filled with colour, balloons, dogs wearing t-shirts, footsteps and a great buzz of excitment and fun. Walkers followed with the sound of chatter and laughter filling the air in a more relaxed pace with children in pushchairs and all ages taking in the beautiful surroundings as they entered the park.
Photographs of 2013 event can be viewed on our facebook page
The great success of this event has been made possible with the strong committment of the organising committee led by the Chairman Eamonn Hackett, representatives of Athletics Clubs – Monaghan Phoenix and Glaslough Harriers Club and a brilliant team of volunteers to make the whole thing possible.
Results ! Results ! Results !
Click here to see 10k runners results
(opens in MS Excel)
If you don’t already know your official time, made the search for your name easier – just press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘F’ and enter your name and it will bring you to your name and result.
The organising committee chose Monaghan Special Olympics as its designated charity in 2013. thankls to all those volunteers who, not only give of their time so regulalry for Special Olympics but also had a real presence around the venue on Sunday last and whose help and contribution was unrivalled.
Details of the charity donation are yet to be confirmed but watc this space over coming weeks for more details.
If you have any queries, contact; Monaghan Sports Partnership at 042 9755126
Thanks all volunteers !!
- Thanks to all the mighty volunteers of Monaghan for their dedication over the past days, weeks and months in the following roles;
- Assistant during pre-registration day on Saturday 18th May in Monaghan Shopping Centre
- Assistant at Monaghan Scout Hall for packing goodies bags for participants
- Assistant on event day – taking registrations, issuing numbers
- Marshalling – helping with car parking, directing participants to correct registration table
- Marshalling – in the park to ensure the race runs smoothly
- Marshaling – on water stations throughout the park to hydrate the thirsty walkers
If you wish to help out in any way and be part of this great event next year, then contact us on 042-9755126.
BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL !!