Blackwater 10k Run and Walk – Sunday 18th May 2014 !!!
Now has its own dedicated website:
(Pics from previous years event)
THE BIG MONAGHAN RUN IS BACK !!!
The Blackwater 10K has certainly become an annual fixture in Monaghan’s Calendar as the event continues to grow in entries each year.
Starting off from Monaghan United Football grounds, athletes of all ages lead the way to Rossmore Forest Park. Walkers follow with the sound of chatter and laughter filling the air in a more relaxed pace with children in pushchairs and all ages taking in the beautiful surroundings and good weather (hopefully) that we expect in May.
The success of this event has been made possible with the strong committment of the organising committee led by the Chairman Eamonn Hackett, representatives of Athletics Clubs – Monaghan Phoenix and Glaslough Harriers Club and a brilliant team of volunteers to make the whole thing possible.
The Blackwater10k event now has its own dedicated website.
For detailed information on the Blackwater 10k event please go to ;
If you do not intend to walk or run in the event, perhaps you would like to volunteer your time to assist the organisers. We are looking for people who can help assist in the following roles;
- Assistant during pre-registration day on Saturday 17th May in Monaghan Shopping Centre
- Assistant on event day – taking registrations, issuing numbers
- Marshalling – helping with car parking, directing participants to correct registration table
- Marshalling – in the park to ensure the race runs smoothly
- Marshaling – on water stations throughout the park to hydrate the thirsty walkers
If you wish to help out in any way and be part of this great event, then contact us on one of the numbers above before pre-registration day.
BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL THIS MAY !!