Monaghan Sports Partnership’s
virtual Women’s Mini Marathon event-
Monaghan Sports Partnership is excited to launch its new initiative to encourage more women to become more active during Covid 19.
In the past five months, participation in sport and recreation has been greatly impacted by the Covid9 crisis. This has greatly affected the activities of sports clubs in the County and Community based activity programmes. But research also shows an increase in walking, jogging and cycling as people look to new ways to keep themselves active, particularly during the early lockdown phases where travel restrictions affected movement around the County.
Monaghan Sports Partnership has been re-inventing its programmes by encouraging people to get outdoors and stay active by participating in its walking, jogging and cycling challenges. There has been a fantastic uptake in these activities. With this in mind, Monaghan Sports Partnership introduces its new initiative aimed at females in County Monaghan – to take part in a virtual 5km or 10km walk / run to celebrate the European Week of Sport and promoting the 20×20 Women in Sport campaign.
What is a virtual mini marathon? Basically this means that you do not attend a physical event at a specific time or place – you complete the distance of your choice at a venue of your choice – it could be starting from your own front door on a local route, in a local park or on a walking / running track.
You can complete the distance on any day during the European Week of Sport (23rd-30th September) at a time of your choice.
Some points to note:
- Choose a 5km or 10km distance – you choose what suits you – if you are a complete beginner, choose the 5km. If you can already walk or run 5km comfortably, then maybe choose the 10km as a challenge
- The entry fees differ for each distance because there are different commissioned medals for participation
- You do not have to be able to run or walk the 5km / 10km in a certain time – timing doesn’t matter – what matters is that you complete it and enjoy it!
- All proceeds from this event will go to local Cancer Charities
- You wall receive your t-shirt prior to the event so that you can wear it when you undertake your walk / run
- Following completion of your walk / run, we ask you to send proof of participation and we will then issue you with your finishers medal
All participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt and a specially commissioned finishers medal.
So why not start your active campaign today and get out walking or jogging and take part in this special event? Encourage your family members or friends to take the challenge with you and make it special.
All proceeds from the event will go to Monaghan Cancer Societies.
Participating numbers are limited and online registration is open until Friday 21st August
You can register below and follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/monaghansports for continued updates and information
*Participation in this event should be carried out in line with current Government / HSE guidelines in terms of social distancing, cough / sneeze etiquette and in line with any travel restriction which may be in place during the period 23rd-30th September
To register for this event please click here:
We cant wait to see the women of Monaghan out in force!
For any information relating to this event, please email email@example.com or contact us at 042-9755126