Code of Ethics & Good Practice for Children’s Sport
Basic Awareness Training
The welfare and the protection of young people is the concern of all adults at all times, irrespective of their role within the organisation. Each club and organisation must accept this as part of their responsibility and duty to care for young people.
The prevention and detection of child abuse depends on the collaborative effort of everyone concerned. In order to achieve this, the Irish Sports Council (ISC)in conjunction with the Sports Council of Northern Ireland rollout a 4-hour training module for leaders within sports clubs. This ‘Basic Awareness’ training is for Sports Leaders and Children’s Officers and will be of interest to all adults involved in the organisation of sport for young people.
- The Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport, is a practical set of guidelines for those involved in sport for young people as developed and attendance certified by the Irish Sports Council.
- Monaghan Sports Partnership offers a basic 4-hour awareness training course on “Child Welfare & Protection in Sport” which is aimed at leaders within sports clubs/organisations.
- The workshop will highlight the main principles of the Code and look at measures that clubs can take to create and maintain the safest possible environment in sport for young people.
- As well as undertaking child protection training, all clubs are encouraged to adopt child protection policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport.
- While we would welcome more than one member from any club to attend the Code of Ethics Awareness Workshop, Monaghan Sports Partnership will aim to accommodate a variety of sports clubs at each workshop and therefore attendance numbers of any one club may be limited.
- Participants attending Code of Ethics workshop must be over 18 years of age.
Participants who wish to follow on the code of ethics workshop with Children’s Officer Training must wait a minimum period of 3 months from completing Children’s Officer Training.
Please contact Monaghan Sports Partnership in relation to these courses on 042-9755126.
Current dates of courses are available on our courses / event page.
If you do not see dates to suit you or courses are full, please contact our office and we will place your name on a waiting list.